Interior Landscaping Growth Initiative Information

Cereoid CEREOID at prodigy.net
Mon Dec 11 23:39:50 EST 2000

Why does this have the smell of a scam?

<mcrae at mccaren.com> wrote in message
news:20001212021504.EA23F415DD at mercury.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk...
> I'm e-mailing you, other plantscaping and allied trade professionals to
share the message of "Plants at Work".  But before I describe this unique
marketing initiative, I am asking you to think about something.  I know YOU
are already aware of the value of interior landscaping in corporate
environments, hotels, shopping malls and other spaces.  But do you think our
end users REALLY understand the true value of our products?  I always think
my customers do, but each and every time one of them cancels or reduces
their service completely, I am reminded our users don't understand the true
value of our work and interior landscaping in their environment.  Do you
wish you had a national marketing plan to change their minds?

> "Plants at Work", is the joining together of concerned interior industry
professionals to strengthen the interior industry with a unified face and
combined marketing voice. The Interior Growth Initiative is a three to five
year national marketing campaign to reach corporate and facility mangers and
other buyers, with the message that plants are valuable to their business
and profitability.  Sound good so far?  As a business owner, this is just
the type of marketing campaign that I would like to launch but my company
does not have the funds to do it with the style and depth that it needs to
be done.  My solution was, to pledge $5,000.00 each year, for the next 3
years to the Interior Industry Growth Initiative.  I know I will receive a
return on my investment - via increased business. My pledge will be pooled
with everyone else's funds and a full scale, national campaign to increase
the awareness of the value of interior landscaping will commence.

> This campaign will not begin without your pledge too!  Just think, one
strong voice, one sound message and all because you recognize, as an
individual, YOU can make a difference.  The "Plants at Work" marketing
message will reshape the attitudes, practices and buying habits of those who
utilize your products and services.

> Please lend your support now so we can move forward with our marketing
plans. Nothing can happen until we reach our funding goal. Please help us by
making your pledge, and by inviting your key suppliers to pledge as well.

> To make things simple, you can e-mail me directly with the amount of your
pledge. Invoices will not be generated until we have reached the funding
goal.  If you would prefer to be invoiced in December for tax purposes,
please make note of that in your response.

> If you need more information to make your decision, you can find it at ...
>
> For the Initiative Executive Summary you can go to:
> http://www.alca.org/html/iigrowth.html
>
> To make a pledge you can go to:
> http://www.interiorscape.com/pledge/pledgetest.html
> Or
> http://apphost2.infosrc.com/alca/html/pledgeform.html
>
> Please take a few minutes and make your pledge today.
>
> Best wishes for the upcoming holiday season. Thank you for your
consideration.

> Warm Regards,
> McRae Anderson, CLP, ASLA
> President
> McCaren Designs, Inc.
>
> PS: If you've already contributed to the Initiative, I thank you and urge
you to contact other interested professionals to gain their support.
Sometimes the only difference between success and failure is initiative.

> You received this e-mail because you have been identified as a concerned
interior landscape professional or an allied trade professional.  If you do
not wish to receive Interior Landscaping Growth Initiative notices and
information in the future, please reply to this e-mail and type REMOVE in
subject line.