Antibacterial Activity of Plant Extracts

PDOGJPS at aol.com PDOGJPS at aol.com
Wed Dec 13 12:04:22 EST 2000

My name is Jeffrey Siegal and I am doing a science fair project on the
effectiveness of plant extracts (eucalyptus, garlic, and grapefruit seed
extract) in inhibiting the growth of e coli and s aureus. I want to compare
their effectiveness to Penicillin, Streptomycin and Erythromycin.
Is there a test to compare antibacterial effectiveness of these herbal
extracts to the drug. I was planning to use the Kirby-Bauer method but there
is not, to my knowledge, a chart or table to identify the effectiveness.
Can someone help?
Thank you, jeffrey
PDOGJPS at aol.com

---