Please enlighten my ignorance 8-)

Cereoid CEREOID at prodigy.net
Mon Dec 18 19:54:37 EST 2000

Dear Zebitty,

Which species in particular that are in the same genus but look radically
different is it to which you allude?

Species in the same genus typically share certain floral features but differ
vegetatively. It may also be true that vegetatively similar plants are in
different genera.

Then there is the possibility that the plants you have seen are
misidentified or no longer in the same genus.

"Zebitty" <zebitty at australis.aunz.com> wrote in message
news:91m7hc$e88$1 at gnamma.connect.com.au...
> Hi,
> I have recently started to learn a bit more about plants for my own
> purposes, and have noticed something that I haven't been able to answer.
Is
> plant taxonomy based purely on genetic relationships (much like animals)
or