Hammond's Law of Auxology

George Hammond ghammond at mediaone.net
Wed Dec 20 04:13:51 EST 2000

> George Hammond <ghammond at mediaone.net> writes:

See:
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/ghammond/Auxology.html

NOTE DEFINITION: Auxology = science of growth

(Tanner, 1995?)

Julian Assange wrote:

>         Hypothesis: organisms fall short of their growth
>                     potential due to sub-optimal environmental
>                     conditions.

>         Collary: There is a statistically mesurable growth curve
>                  which represents environmental effects on growth
>                  and asymtopes to the a growth optima.

>         Collary: A given organisms growth is always less than the
>                  growth optima.

>         Collary: Every organim suffers a "growth deficit"; the
>                  distance between it and the growth optima on the
>                  growth curve.

> Cheers,
> julian.

[Hammond]
Well.. this is a recap
of what I've already said and what we already
know.
  However, you are apparently unaware of
something called the SECULAR TREND in human growth.
  The mere EXISTENCE of the SECULAR TREND blows
all of your (elementary) speculation out of the water.
  The SECULAR TREND shows beyond any question that
Man's PHENOTYPE is historically proceeding towards
his GENOTYPE.  It's as simple as that.
  He is achieving a more optimum environment,
and since the SECULAR TREND is a STANDARD SIGMOIDAL
CURVE, obviously Man is headed towards an
"ideal" or "perfect" environment in which
his PHENOTYPE will finally EQUAL his
GENOTYPE.
  Hammond is merely saying that this is true for
ALL LIVING THINGS.
  That is what the existence of the
SECULAR TREND proves... and all your idle
speculations are blown like leaves before
this GIANT wind of FACT.

--
BE SURE TO VISIT MY WEBSITE, BELOW:
George Hammond, M.S. Physics