Need help in growing healthy veggies

Kris krisis at nospam.idt.net
Mon Feb 7 04:45:54 EST 2000

Tomatoes are easy to grow, and fertilizer is extremely easy
to find.  (Miracle Grow makes some, I think, specifically
for tomatoes)  Just don't overfertilize.  It's easier to
overfertilize than to underfertilize.  Underfertilizing is
easy to correct.  Overfertilizing will kill them.  I usually
give them a dose once a month, or less frequently than that.
When they are producing fruit, though, they will get hungry.
But still, once a month is plenty.

I like to grow the little cherry tomatoes in containers and
they are really good!  One thing I grow succesfully in the
hot Texas summer is peppers.  They were smooth, fiery
peppers.  Peppers are pretty easy to grow too, just watch
that you don't under water them.  (They get droopy really
fast)  Definitely, don't overfertilze them...

Spray anything you grow for bugs.  I use bug-b-gone because
it is cheap.  Just make sure it is safe for food, and don't
spray for whatever amount of time the bottle says not to
before you harvest.  (Bug-b-gone says 2 weeks I think)

On Mon, 07 Feb 2000 05:18:12 GMT, "Mentum"
<club54 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>I live in a rather hot place. Currently the weather is relatively cold
>but not freezing. The summers can be very hot and that's why I'm trying
>to start now.
>
>The lot that I selected will catch the morning and afternoon sun. My
>kids love cucumbers and tomatos. Would these be easy plants? I'd also
>like to try pumpkin. Any particular tips there? Thanks alot.
>--
>Free audio & video emails, greeting cards and forums
>Talkway - http://www.talkway.com - Talk more ways (sm)

"The RC Car racing, plane building, rocket launching, pepper growing,
 Information Systems student with an attitude."

Change krisis at nospam.idt.net to krisis at idt.net
Sorry, getting tired of merchant account ads