Nuclei in potato tuber cells

Anne Gillen ez049617 at mailbox.ucdavis.edu
Thu Feb 17 16:26:17 EST 2000

KS,

Yes, they have nuclei.  How do you think they get the enzymes to produce
all that starch? AFIK, the only live plant cells that do not have nuclei
are some of the vascular cells.  If there are any others I would
be interested in knowing this.

AG

    Anne M. Gillen                           E-mail: amgillen at ucdavis.edu
    Pomology Department                      Phone:  (530) 752-1462
    University of California at Davis