tulips-need help

Davis mazoey at attglobal.net
Sat Feb 26 16:44:38 EST 2000

I bought some bulbs last Nov. in Amsterdam and planted them in pots.
They grew a few inches then began dieing.  Does anyone know what I did
wrong?  There were four different varieties that all did the same
thing.  Some of the bulbs had already started to sprout when I bought
them so I didn't attempt to chill them before planting.  A friend will
be bringing me more bulbs next month so I can try again.  I'm in
southern CA - can I plant them outside? (I recently moved from New
England and have no clue about gardening here).  Thanks in advance for
any advice, tips, etc.

Sue