Bald cypress

Starbuck pmdlandarch at xearthlink.net
Tue Jan 4 16:48:16 EST 2000

It's native to swamps throughout the southern USA.  Grows profusely in a
wide range of soil conditions, heavy clay, silt, or muck,  wherever
considerable moisture is present.  Will also grow in moist uplands as far
north as zone 5 (Iowa), and will withstand intermitant drought.  Whitcomb's
"Know it and Grow" doesn't recommend stratification or other preliminary
treatment of the seed.  I'd assume that none is needed.  For more detail on
fertilization and potting meduim see Carl E. Whitcomb's "Plant Propogation
in Containers".

Generally any well drained (sandy) mix that is also high in organic matter
should work for you.  Keep it watered.

<84bcjp$4qd4$1 at newssvr03-int.news.prodigy.com>...