Black Tupelo?

astoq at yahool.com astoq at yahool.com
Mon Jan 10 22:01:55 EST 2000

Transplanting Nyssa sylvatica is not generally a problem.  I think the
difficulty is going to be finding a plant with that height at a
reasonable cost.  Nyssa is not readily found at garden centers
especially not in larger sizes like what you're looking for.

You're going to have a very hard time finding American chestnut.
You'll have much better success in your search for a 15-20' black gum.
How about a sweet gum (Liquidambar styraciflua) or a horsechestnut
(Aesculus)?

I don't know if there's a blight resistant American chestnut.