Butternut (Juglans cinerea) decline question.

Mike the Tree Doctor mlamana at bestweb.net
Mon Jan 17 08:13:02 EST 2000

Folks:

I am very concerned with the decline of Butternut (Juglans cinerea) in New
England, and am seeking to educate myself. In the areas in which I work
these days (NY, CT, MA primarily) it is very seldom that I see regeneration,
due primarily to a paucity of reproduction-aged trees. On trees that are
extant, canker-disease symptoms are nearly ubiquitous.

Any URLs or stories on what the state of the art in research and
intervention might be??

Thanks to all in advance :)!

--
Mike the Tree Doctor