cactus growing

BenglKitty benglkitty at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 17:21:08 EST 2000

I bought a grow it yourself saguaro cactus while in Arizona . I planted it the
first week of this month. It said it will sprout in 3-10 days. It has been past
10 days and nothing has poked through yet. What is wrong? I followed the
instructions. The inch of water in the bowl it is in has been depleted so I
just put in a little more today, is that ok? If the soil is too compact is that
a problem? It has been cloudy here every day since I planted it so it isn't
getting much sun, but the directions said not to give it direct light so I
figured it's ok. Any suggestions?

Judie
Seattle, WA.