Pachira Aquatica with problems!

Jeff Shimonski tropica1 at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jan 23 15:42:46 EST 2000

Remember Pachira aquatica is a tropical tree that needs tropical conditions. Here in
South Florida it grows best in full sun, high humidity, and plenty of water. It can
actually grow quite well in swampy conditions although not as vigorous as in an area
with well drained soil. In areas where a Pachira is shaded out by a larger tree or the
area for some reason becomes darker, the Pachira will go into a decline and if it's dark
enough it will not grow at all. Fertilizer will not do much to correct this condition.

Cheers,
Jeff Shimonski
http://www.tropicaldesigns.com