Orchids

Christian Schroeder schroedr at physics.uoguelph.ca
Sat Jan 29 10:30:05 EST 2000

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Steve Hinkson wrote:

> Christian :
> Both plants, or just the Phal.? That's normal for pink and purple flowered
> Phals., and "art shades" with a purple parent.
> Steve

Both the Catt and the Phal's leaves have this reddish tinge. Scott McPhee
emailed me and said it was due to the production of pigments and that this
usually indicates that the plants are getting a good amount of light. He
mentioned that some people call it a ``suntan!'' Neat! Its still odd
though because none of the plant info you get from any sites
mentions this.