Need advice, would appreciate input

Michael Heir NOSPAMheir at home.net
Wed Jul 5 18:35:32 EST 2000

Hi,

This may be a rather strange request.  My girlfriend is currently enrolled
at a well-known high-altitude research facility in the Rocky Mountains.  She
is studying patterns of pollinators for geranium and other plants.

Her birthday is at the end of July and I would like to surprise her with a
gift that would complement the work she is doing out there (we are both from
New Jersey).  As a computer programmer, I don't have much knowledge of what
she is studying, and that is why I am coming here for some ideas.  She
writes me explaining how she walks through fields of flowers that are up to
her waist and how beautiful it is there.  As you can probably tell, she
loves flowers, plants, and ecology in general.  Many of you probably share a
similar interest, and perhaps have done research yourselves.  I would love
to hear any ideas you might be able to offer for some gifts.  By the way, it
will be her 21st birthday.

I have a few ideas myself.  One is a very nice diary that contains special
folders that you can store pressed flowers in.  This might allow her to take
some of the flowers back with her.  However, I feel that there is so much
potential for a great gift, and my lack of knowledge in this area is
limiting what I can think of.  She will be spending the next 2 months living
in a rustic cabin at this research facility, so ideas ranging from plants,
to pollinators, to cabin-living are all welcome.  In fact, any ideas at all
will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for any help.

Michael Heir