Talking to plants (grin).

Beverly Erlebacher bae at cs.toronto.edu
Sat Jul 8 00:13:20 EST 2000

In article <083c5590.75e4fe4e at usw-ex0103-024.remarq.com>,
mercuryx3  <mercuryx3NOmeSPAM at yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

>I am a very gullible person. I have often heard that talking to
>plants helps them grow. I think this is a farce because I can't
>explain this but I approach ALL things with an open mind.
>
>Can anyone tell me about this or direct me to a website where
>they talk about this?

THere's an old proverb: "THe best fertilizer is the footsteps of
the farmer".  If you talk to your plants regularly, you are probably
checking them for problems at the same time and generally paying
attention to their care.  Of course, you can do this without actually
talking, but some people have nothing better to talk to.

Btw, I talk to my cats (who answer), and to recalcitrant computer
systems I am beating into submission (which often do).