Southwest Rookie Needs Help Please!!

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Mon Jul 10 10:31:49 EST 2000

Most succulents prefer a quick-draining mix (more sand and less peat
than you would use on most houseplants) and like to dry out at least a
little between waterings.  Never let the pots stand in a saucer full
of water.  Daily waterings may be too much.  Agapanthus, on the other
hand, can tolerate wet feet and likes a more humusy mix.  Cannas will
grow in standing water and like to be kept moist.

M. Reed