Infos about Clivia ?

Thu Jul 13 22:30:24 EST 2000

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a plant called :

Himantophyllum, this name become CLIVIA Miniata or Lady Clive around
It is also called 'Saint Joseph' in France.
Family of Amaryllidacees.
These informations are 15 years old, maybe there are some change for
the family group and maybe also the name !!

It is a kind of onion that give long flat leaves and once a year a
very nice grape of a dozen red-orange flower.
As far as I know the origin of the Clivia is South Africa.

If someone can let me know if there is a way to buy it by email -or
mail- (A very young subject or seeds) I will be very happy.
Any information are welcome.

**** Please Reply Newgroup ****