Looking for Koelreuteria paniculata 'Kew'

ladasky at my-deja.com ladasky at my-deja.com
Sat Jul 15 09:22:38 EST 2000

In article <p6_b5.18101$7%3.1070473 at news.flash.net>,
  "Bracey" <tiedenospam at pacbell.net> wrote:
> I'm looking to find the 'Kew' variety of the Golden Rain Tree, supposedly
> growing only three feet wide.
>
> I've had no luck searching the web, but hope someone might know where to
> find it in the USA.  Wholesale preferred.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bracey
> San Jose CA USA

Hi, Bracey,

Five years ago, after calling around to several nurseries, I ordered a
Koelreuteria bipinnata (yes, a different species, but the same genus)
through Sunnyvale Nursery.  You might want to try them.  They didn't have
it on the lot, but they knew what I was talking about and how to find it.

Also, I distincly recall a bunch of tall, skinny Koelreuteria trees
growing in the parking lot on the south side of Valley Fair.  This may be
the exact variety you want.  If you can track down someone in management
there, they may be able to tell you where you they found theirs.

--
John J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D.
Department of Structural Biology

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/