Red beetle, identify and control?N.E . USA?lily lovers???

Matt Smith MatSmith1 at
Mon Jul 17 17:36:28 EST 2000

On Sun, 16 Jul 2000 13:09:37 -0700, dennis314
<dennisn1dsNOdeSPAM at> wrote:

>2.Pest;  New england, near coast & Boston, MA
>Red beetle, identify and control????
>Very busy typically found in mating pairs;
>Devours tiger lillies or other similar; i.e., not day
>Whats the creature?

If it were in the UK I would say it was the Lily Beetle (Lilioceris
lilii), which over here is an imported pest.  Wether it is a resident
or an import into the US I don't know.