UK. Bad summer and growing problems.

Roger Whitehead rgw at office-futures.com
Mon Jul 17 20:39:56 EST 2000

In article <20000717190943.12844.00000290 at nso-fm.aol.com>, Kdbanglia
wrote:
> In the south-east of England we have had poor growing conditions this ye

How can you say that? It was a marvellous spring, with fabulous shows of
cowslips and lesser celandine. The blackthorn blossom was more abundant
than I ever remember, with some hedges being a solid sheet of white. Marsh
marigold and flag iris had a good year, too.

A few weeks ago the cow parsley was turning the roadsides into a whole
shoreline of froth, being followed by a wonderful show of meadowsweet,
scenting the air as you go by even now. This last two weeks, I have seen
agrimony in areas devoid of it for years previously and the large
willowherb is just now painting hedges and streamsides pink. This very
afternoon, I saw large patches of common centaury in places I've never
seen any before.

It's been a *wonderful* year for flowers in the south east.

Regards,

Roger

Roger Whitehead,
Oxted, Surrey, England