Was Re: UK. Bad summer and growing problems now other stuff....

KDBANGLIA kdbanglia at aol.com
Wed Jul 19 06:49:26 EST 2000

In article <VA.00001329.014be72b at office-futures.com>, Roger Whitehead
<rgw at office-futures.com> writes:

>> In the south-east of England we have had poor growing conditions this ye
>
>How can you say that? It was a marvellous spring, with fabulous shows of
>cowslips and lesser celandine. The blackthorn blossom was more abundant
>than I ever remember, with some hedges being a solid sheet of white. Marsh
>marigold and flag iris had a good year, too.

Sorry, I should have stated vegetable crops rather than wild plants.

On the cowslips front, I wonder if they are part of various councils motorway
planting schemes as they are to be seen on many motorway embankments ?

There was one award-winner from one motorway building company who had the idea
of mixing grass, etc with soil and when mixed with water, turned on the hose
ejecting a muddy slurry and sprayed the metal netted stone support with the
stuff.

I wonder if they now mix wild plant seed now or is this the efforts of those
"motorway terrorists" or whatever those people called themselves, who mixed up
seed in balls of mud and threw them out of the windows of cars ?

Richard  Brooks.