Powdery Mildew - Rhus Glabra

Polly pmlaw at ulster.net
Sun Jul 23 11:56:50 EST 2000

In article <3979F972.BF17C222 at ix.netcom.com>, Maria Luna and Mark Bornfeld
<bobsey at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Could someone suggest appropriate treatment for powdery mildew on my
>sumac bushes? I'm not necessarily averse to use of chemicals, if
>necessary...
>I'm located in Brooklyn, NY, zone 7...
>

>Mark Bornfeld

Hi Mark.

Fortunately, the best treatment for PM is an organic one. Make a solution
of 2 gallons of water, a few tablespoons of baking soda, a small squirt of
dishwashing detergent; spray on the affected plants.

You should also make sure the plants are getting enough air circulation
and light -damp, poorly circulated air encourages PM.

Good luck from a former Brooklynite,

Polly M. Law/Thrums End Art Studio
in the beautiful Mid Hudson Valley of NY, USDA zone 5

Look for the Flying Teapot, your assurance of Delight!
<http://www.thrumsend.com>

Our motto: "Insolitores Res Contiguerunt!"

All P.M.Law/T.E.A.S. email is meant to be read in a spirit of calm joviality, not the LIVID ANTAGONISM usually inferred to electronic discourse