japanese red maple

Zingdot zingdot at aol.com
Sun Jun 4 22:33:33 EST 2000

dd, I'm no expert on cultivation from seeds, but I collected small seedlings
from under a mature japanese red maple a few years ago- most of them produce
hundreds of seedlings. I just pulled the seedlings out- threw them in a bag and
translplanted them several hours later in a small  partially shaded plot.  I
don't remember how many I planted(5or 6?), but 4 of them took, and three are
alive and well today.  so, it seems that transplanting the seedlings is very
easy.  Probably cultivation from seeds would not be too difficult either.  good
luck, Kevin