Grenadillo growing tips?

Christopher Richards Christopherr at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 15 12:28:06 EST 2000

Just had an Email from a person who sent me the following:-
The correct spelling is Granadilla and this is the name given to the
following:

Granadilla:    Passiflora quadrangularis.  The fruit is very large:
Purple granadilla:  Passiflora edulis (a common commercial fruit)
Sweet granadilla:  Passiflora ligularis; I am not familiar with this one,
may be lemon coloured.
Yellow granadilla:  Passiflora laurifolia.  Very sweet but not a common
commercial fruit. Tropical and found only where it is grown.

ChrisR.

"Jeff Shimonski" <tropica1 at ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
news:8i97qv$ij5$1 at nntp9.atl.mindspring.net...
> Are you speaking of Punica granatum.? The Pomegranate.
>
> Jeff
> http://www.tropicaldesigns.com
>

> Monique Reed <monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu> wrote in message
> news:3947FAB2.98E72476 at mail.bio.tamu.edu...
> > Isn't Grenadilla(o) used for species of Passiflora?
> >
> > M. Reed
> >
> > Christopher Richards wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't think that is this plant? we sell the fruit at work in the
> exotic
> > > section alongside star fruit and the like. I wouldn't think it would
be
> used
> > > in the timber industry when the fruit sells for such a high price in
UK
> > > supermarkets.
> > > ChrisR.
> > >
> > > "Stephen Jankalski" <CEREOID at prodigy.net> wrote in message