european equivalent to Carolina/Fischer

José A. Feijó jose.feijo at fc.ul.pt
Fri Mar 10 06:36:39 EST 2000

Dear all:
As I'm browsing through the all new catalogue from Carolina Biol.Co., I
can't help feeling my admiration for the quantitity and diversity of high-
quality pedagogical materials these american companies offer. Yet, it's
always a pain having to deal with customs and stuff to import even a
microscope slide. Can someone point me out some sort of equivalent company
(even not so broad or complete; I teach Plant Development at grad and
post-grad levels) located somewhere in Europe, but with equal level of
profissional stand and facility for business (e.mail and credit card
payment are a must these days, and for some reason most european
scientific companies still didn't got it...).

Many thanks in advance