HELP: Fungus on Elm

Desiree Martinez drmartin at
Sat Mar 18 13:44:09 EST 2000

I ahve atree that we just had trimmed, Basically toped. My mom says it's a
Japenese Elm.On one of the limbs that was cut, it started to "cry", not
sap but water dripped from it. Now after three weeks, a white foam or
fungus is started to grow on the limb. What could be wrong? Any clue?

Desiree Martinez  drmartin at Univ. of Penn,1995 ,_,
                 Harvard University, 2002                    (o,o)
    "It's a Hahvahd thang and you just wouldn't understand"  {`"`}