Azalea Planting

steve ******alwaysmellow******* at hotmail.com
Fri May 12 22:19:58 EST 2000

I planted 6 Azaleas today around my home in Central Pennsylvania. They range
from 15" to 25" high and were in containers. When planting, I noticed the
roots were packed very tightly. I took a pen knife and cut a few "x's" in
the bottom of the dirt clump, leaving the sides the way the were. Then I
filled a hole with a bit of peat moss, and planted the tree. I've been
thinking that I should have loosened the soil around the sides of the
root/dirt clump. Is it worth digging them back up?