Selection control

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Mon May 22 13:08:00 EST 2000

Not sure, but if they're hybrids and self-fertile, there's a very good
chance any offspring won't look like the parents.  Also, remember that
each composite "blossom" is actually a collection of many small
flowers.  Thus, bagging a head does not prevent the plant from mixing
up its own genetic material.

M. Reed