Boston fern question

gardenlen gardenlen at
Wed Nov 1 14:14:04 EST 2000

In article <3A005346.A3D3FF8F at>,
  Cathy Krupovich <cathyk at> wrote:
> Hi,
>     I have a beautiful Boston fern that thrives in the
> location that I have for it.  My question is ... as time
> goes on the old fronds lose their leaves and I'm not sure
> what to do with all these old dried up fronds (or stems)
> that are mostly under the new growth.  It is almost like
> a thicket at the soil level! Should I clean them out
> somehow?  Besides this, it looks great and appears
> very healthy.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
> Thanks,
> Cathy.
g'day cathy,

just prune all the old growth out to keep it nice and tidy, i have
often given ferns a full trim off of old growth towards the beginning
of the new growing season this makes keeping them tidy a bit easier.

happy gardening 'it works for me it could work for you'
"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do!!"
but consider others and the environment.

Sent via
Before you buy.