Boston fern question

gardenlen gardenlen at optushome.com.au
Wed Nov 1 14:14:04 EST 2000

In article <3A005346.A3D3FF8F at trytel.com>,
  Cathy Krupovich <cathyk at trytel.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>     I have a beautiful Boston fern that thrives in the
> location that I have for it.  My question is ... as time
> goes on the old fronds lose their leaves and I'm not sure
> what to do with all these old dried up fronds (or stems)
> that are mostly under the new growth.  It is almost like
> a thicket at the soil level! Should I clean them out
> somehow?  Besides this, it looks great and appears
> very healthy.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Cathy.

g'day cathy,

just prune all the old growth out to keep it nice and tidy, i have
often given ferns a full trim off of old growth towards the beginning
of the new growing season this makes keeping them tidy a bit easier.

len

--
happy gardening 'it works for me it could work for you'
<http://members.optushome.com.au/gardenlen/index1.htm>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.