Please help my ornamental cabbage

Caroline caroline at bond-girl-007.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Nov 25 14:59:24 EST 2000

My ornamental cabbage ("Frank") was purchased a few weeks ago from a pets
and gardens centre in the UK.
I brought him home and promptly named him - but an stupidly ignorant of how
to care for him.
My mom thinks that they should be watered from the saucer he sits in so the
roots can absorb upwards and this is what I have been doing (it consumes
vast quantities of water - is this right?)
The leaves at the base of the plant have gone crispy and now fallen off,
while the middle of the plant is going from white to green and is still
quite 'juicy' and succulent feeling.
I would be really really grateful for any help recieved on whether I'm
caring for Frank right - or links to where I can find out more.

Please, help save an ornamental cabbage today.

Thanks in advance
                                                        Caroline
(caroline at bond-girl-007.fsnet.co.uk)