Mars attacks

AdValorem denis at
Mon Oct 9 12:42:03 EST 2000

I've found a strange fruit (and I'm not even sure it's a fruit). It looks
very much like the brains of the aliens in Mars Attacks, it's green and it
has the size of a fist, or even bigger. The inside is almost white and looks
like fibers. It seems to grow on the highest branches of a tree (about 10m
over the ground). I had never seen something like that, and the people to
whom I've showed it don't seem to have any idea about it. Could someone tell
me the name of this fruit ? - although I don't describe it as good as a
biologist would do.
If it helps : I live in France, and the tree stands in a park in the city of