Cordofolia( I think...)

Stephen Jankalski CEREOID at prodigy.net
Wed Oct 11 08:39:26 EST 2000

Dear Tom,

Aptenia cordifolia is not THE "Ice Plant". It is an "Ice Plant". There are
hundreds of species in several genera of Mesembryanthema that are commonly
called "Ice Plant". There are even succulents in other plant families
commonly called "Ice Plant". So that common name is not very helpful in
identifying a particular species either.

You may want to direct your Mesemb questions to the Mesemb list.
http://www.egroups.com/archive/MESEMBS

You shouldn't get too emotionally attached to your plants. You may have
problems and losses along the way.

Just how many peole responded to your inquiry anyway?

<PDXTom at webtv.net> wrote in message
news:21214-39E45D7F-5 at storefull-173.iap.bryant.webtv.net...
Thank you so much! It does indeed turn out that what I have is the Ice
Plant(Aptenia Cordifolia).
 I'm very new at caring for plants but I've fallen in love with my
plants. I've purchased several small Cacti and am very pleased with how
well they are doing but the Ice Plant is a bit different and any
suggestions that anyone may have on this(or plant care in general)would
be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.BTW-I'm really amazed at
how helpful the folks in this ng have been. Thanx!
Tom