Help for source of Camptotheca

David Basart dbasarca7 at docd4.ub.edu
Wed Oct 11 10:20:51 EST 2000

Hello again. Thany you very much for your interest.
First, sorry for my weak english. I'm spanish and I'm 26.
I'm studying to obtain the doctoral thesis and, as I said you, I'm working
in preclinic pharmacokinetics of a new inhibitor of topoisomerase I like
camptothecin.

To learn and write about the begginig of the discovery of camptothecin I
have reading a lot of reviews:

since
Decaisne J., (1873) Caracteres et descriptions de trois genres nouveaux de
plantes recueilles en Chine par l'abbe A. David. Soc. Bot. De France Bul.
20,  pp. 155-160

Wall M. E., Wani M. C., Cook C. E., Palmer K. H., McPhail A. T., Sim G. A.,
(1966) Plant antitumors agents. I. The isolation and structure of
camptothecin, a novel alkaloidal leukemia and tumor inhibitor from
Camptotheca acuminata. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 88:3888-90

and I have found:
Perdue Jr R. E., Smith R. L., Wall M. E., Hartwell J. L., Abbot B. J.,
Camptotheca acuminata Decaisne (Nyssaceae). Source of camptothecin, an
antileukemic alkaloid, Technical Bulletin 1415, U.S. Department of
Agriculture, Belsville, Maryland.

I have a copy of this one but I need, if it was possible, the original or
the pictures that appear in it (in colour).
I have pictures of Camptotheca acuminata, yet, but these ones, although are
in colour they are not very clear.
The "white and black" pictures that appear in last review, are very big and
very clear, for me.

So I would need the next 4 pictures (colour, big and clear):

a) The photography of all Camptotheca acuminata tree
b) The photography of a branch of Camptotheca acuminata with terminal mature
inflorescence
c) The photography of a branch of Camptotheca acuminata with inflorescences
in flower and early fruit
d) The photography of a mature inflorescence of Camptotheca acuminata