Itching and Swelling

Alex merecka at tamu.edu
Mon Oct 16 08:03:32 EST 2000

Hi,

Yesterday I went on a hiking trip and as I was resting on a log I
accidently brushed my hand up against some kind of weed looking plant.
It was about 1 foot long and it had tiny white hairs coming out of it's
stem.  Well the hairs poked into the skin on my hand and after about a
minute later I  began getting little bumps where they had poked me.
After about 10 - 15 mins my hand starting swelling up and was itching.
Today, about 21 hours later my hand is still fairly swollen and the
itching is persisting but the swelling has gone down quite a bit.  I
was wondering if anyone could help me indentify what type of plant this
could have been.  By the way, I was hiking in central Texas.  Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.