Unknown plant

Darren Obbard darren.obbard at plants.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 23 10:08:21 EST 2000

Hi,

> I believe it might be epiphytic, but might be wrong. It has 1 1/2 foot
> leaves fairly thick and succulent in nature, around 3" in width. It has
> a scalloped edge, with smaller leaves branching off the larger ones. The
> larger leaves have  thick , raised veins going down the length,
> branching to the smaller leaves.

Are you sure they are leaves rather than flattened stems? and is there any
chance it could be a cactus?- it sounds suspiciously like an epiphytic
cactus (eg an Epiphyllum hybrid) to me

eg http://user.icx.net/~chaywood/

or http://www.epiphyllum.com/

or perhaps a different epiphytic cactus such as e.g. Cryptocereus spp.

Regards

Darren

--

Darren Obbard