It'll be red

Darren Obbard darren.obbard at plants.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 24 02:29:48 EST 2000

Hi

> I saw the exact same foliage on the first website you suggested. Kind of
eager to see
> what color the flower is.

It'll be red.

I think I'm right in saying (though I'm not 100% on this) that "Epiphyllum"
is a inter-generic hybrid (thus *all* the epiphyllums are hybrids, and none
occur in the wild) and that the fist one was red. It grows easily and is
unbelievably easy to propogate via cuttings - thus almost everyone's
Gran/Aunt/Cousin will at some stage give them one or buy one in a sale, and
it's *always* the original red one, or one so like it that only an expert
could tell.

Darren.

PS. I suspect the reason you got so few replies is probably because of the
hideous backgroud/sound associated with your post. HTML format posts are
very unpopular. One's with Sound and Pictures (ie. Binaries) are more
unpopular still, and posting them to a non-binaries news group is often
likely to result in a flaming. Be warned :oP

--

Darren Obbard
Queen's College

"Randy English" <mulletgutz at webtv.net> wrote in message
news:24878-39F4A7A4-7 at storefull-135.iap.bryant.webtv.net...
Thanks Darren, that's what it is, an epiphytic cactus.  Thanks again,
Randy English