Do plants release Hydrogen?

Sergey Politaev politaev at online.nsk.su
Sat Oct 28 08:55:42 EST 2000

Muneer Ilyas <ic0bkxy00 at ic24.net> wrote in message
news:36nK5.9068$wH2.33848 at news2-hme0...
> Do plants release Hydrogen?
>
> I'm asking because my mom says she will not allow me to keep my plant in
my
> room at night because she says it releases hydrogen and it is bad for you.

Not hydrogen, of course, but carbon dyoxide, which isn't also very
beneficial in large amounts, so it's not recomended to have a lot of plants
inside your sleeping room, especialy when it's too small and without good
ventilation. One or two small plants without sharp aroma will suit for your
room, but anyway, I won't fight with your mom for this ;^)
--
Sergey Politaev