a question: insect pest on unknown fern

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Mon Sep 4 12:50:58 EST 2000

These are probably mealybugs.  They don't eat the leaves, just suck
the sap out of them, which is very damaging.  You can swab them off
with alcohol or go the pesticide route (organic or inorganic.) Be very
vigilant--they multiply like crazy, spread like mad, and will migrate
to other plants.  You may want to quarantine your plant.

M. Reed