I.D. needed on houseplant

Norman Frank ngfrank at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 5 19:03:09 EST 2000

     I was in Home Depot and bought a plant hoping my  wife could identify
it, but she thinks it is a "corn plant' and it doesn't exactly match the
picture. They had a whole table of them, and it only costs $15, so I imagine
its pretty common.
     The plant stands about 3-4 feet high and is in a 10 inch pot. The main
feature is the trio of naked trunks each about 1-2 inches in diameter. These
look like small sapling trunks, but they don't have any leaves on them with
the exception of a single "tuft" of vegetation sticking out the side near
the top (which does sort of resemble the leaves of a corn plant). The tops
of the trunks seem to be cut off and covered with black paint or tar.
     The info-sheet included is nonspecific, and calls it  a FOLIAGE,
requiring rather standard care. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks....Norman

Norman Frank   nfrank at bellsouth.net