Bermuda is choking my St. Augustine!

Clay clays at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 8 15:08:02 EST 2001

Last summer in Austin, Texas we had a drought and water restrictions. During
this time, my St. Augustine died back and Bermuda found its way in.  At the
end of the summer my lawn was about 1/3 St. Augustine, 1/3 Bermuda and 1/3
bare spots from dead grass.  I planted Rye during the winter and have had
(and still have) a thick, green lawn.  What do I need to do to transition my
current Rye lawn into a thick, green St. Augustine lawn for the summer?  Mow
it high?  Any certain type of fertilizer?  Anything I can do to kill the
Bermuda?

Thank you very much,
Clay