new poster, question

uv wherever at lost.com
Mon Apr 9 10:19:56 EST 2001

"Monique Reed" <monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu> wrote in message
news:3AD1C4D3.698A77DF at mail.bio.tamu.edu...
> Check for over-watering, root-rot, salt build-up in the soil, changes
> in light, etc.
>
> M. Reed
>
> uv wrote:
> >
> > HELP!
> > Very healthy vigorous Philodendron suddenly having many yellow leaves.
> > Dropping leaves. Leaves yellowing over night.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong (after owning this 20 foot plant for over a year)
> >
> > Uv

thanks! never thought of Salt build up. Could explain why my parlor palms
are doing the same thing. Perhaps time to change to filtered water? I know
it's not OVER watering, since I only water it once a week, and it's almost
always dry when I touch the soil.

What's the remedy for removing the salt?

tia
Uv