Century cactus [agave] problem

skip sherm0 at ix.netcom.com
Thu Apr 19 11:48:30 EST 2001

Yes, it produced a very large number of small offshoots in previous years
that threatened to overwhelm the plant, so I cut/pulled them out and cleaned
things up.  My concern is with this big beautiful agave. Will it die in the
flowering process and is there any way to stop the dying  e.g.., by cutting
out the big center shoot. But the center shoot is very large and quite
beautiful itself.  It looks like a giant asparagus from a monster movie.

news:9bmg3i$40mi$2 at newssvr06-en0.news.prodigy.com...