Repotting...

duncan vincent excal at sprint.ca
Thu Apr 26 12:02:43 EST 2001

> heard that I shouldn't put it in a very large pot, but instead go up in
> "stages". Is that true? I'd highly appreciate any information and/or
> help.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> PlainDave

The roots tend to grow out to the sides of the pot and make a wall of roots
there.  If  the pot is too big the center doesn't get many roots in it and
stays wet too long.  Going up one pot size doesn't sound like much and the
empty space around the root ball looks pointlessly small, but if you do the
math it actually has about double the volume.