Help with crossing of flowers

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Mon Aug 6 09:50:22 EST 2001

Probably not.  Crosses usually work only within a genus, although
intergeneric crosses are possible among closely related genera in some
families.  I'm not aware of any crosses, manmade or natural, between
plants from different families.  The two families you mention are even
in different classes--one is a monocot and one is a dicot, so I think
you're doomed to disappointment.

M. Reed