Help with crossing of flowers

Cereoid* cereoid at prodigy.net
Mon Aug 6 12:41:54 EST 2001

"Crosses usually work only within a genus."?
Oh really? Tell that to orchid growers.

You never heard of the hybrid grain, X Triticale (Triticum X Secale)?

There are thousands of intergeneric hybrids reported for flowering plants.
All are between genera within plant families.

There is a reported interfamily cross between the Scrophulariaceae and
Verbenaceae but it has not been confirmed.

news:3B6EAEAE.C7603A42 at mail.bio.tamu.edu...