Compositae vs. Asteraceae ??

Cereoid* cereoid at
Tue Aug 7 10:51:53 EST 2001

What, the creep that runs the Gardenweb doesn't know something?
Why not use your real name, Robert Stewart?

Plant family names correctly have the name of the type genus followed by

Its Asteraceae.
The old Jussieu family names, such as Compositae, are no longer accepted.

If those two horticultural books are your "principle authorities", you are
using the wrong ones. Try botanical references instead.

news:3b700aec.11190272 at