looking for latin name

L&P l&p at camerama.demon.nl
Wed Aug 8 05:02:39 EST 2001

hi group

Last year I received a "poe" as it is called in the Netherlands.
It is a gourd like thing, about 30 cm in diameter and it is
edible.
I planted the seeds this year and lo and behold I have "poe"
plants in the garden. I've looked everywhere to find a latin
name but I believe it's not a local plant so my books don't mention
it. I tried to find it on the web but no luck there either.
It has male and female white flowers which bloom at nightfall.
At this moment there is only one "poe" from the 5 seeds.
It has the common characteristics of a pumpkun or melon plant.
Can anyone tell me where I can find the name?

Thank you
Louise