Climing Sticking Ficus HELP HELP HELP !!!

Michael Roback roback at loop.com
Sat Aug 18 00:08:26 EST 2001

I have a plant at my house that grows like wildfire.  Someone told me it is
in the Ficus family??? It grows up walls and sticks tenaciously and
currently it has grown up onto our carport and is sticking to the underside.
Someone told me that this plant will eat wood???  Does it have to be removed
immediately and how so?  Can it just be scraped off?  Does it leave a
residue that is harmful to wood?  What do I do???