Climing Sticking Ficus HELP HELP HELP !!!

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Mon Aug 20 10:49:26 EST 2001

Sounds like you have Ficus pumila.  It will not eat wood, but it will
a) hold moisture against a wood surface, which can lead to rot and b)
leave marks on the wood when you pull it down, since it clings with
aerial roots.

If you want to remove it, tear it down and pull up the plants.  You
may have to scrape and paint the wood.

This is a wonderful plant in the right place, but it can be a nuisance
in the wrong place.  Try a bit as a houseplant in a hanging basket.
You might like it there.

Monique Reed