Tree Restoration

Monique Reed monique at mail.bio.tamu.edu
Thu Aug 23 09:07:56 EST 2001

Your trees may fill out and down a little from buds on the lower
branches, but most hardwoods grow from the top and the ends of the
branches and usually won't add branches of any size below existing
branches.  You may get a few sprouts from the roots, but don't hope
for too much.  Your land sounds lovely, though, and with all the great
shade, you could work on a splendid woodland garden with ferns and
orchids and other natives.

M. Reed